John Hanson's Mobile Apps
Improving School Communications with ParentMail app and our mobile website app
Communicating with parents is an important part of what we do. Making sure you get the correct information about activities, events and things that really matter is something we care about. Our two apps provide you with a lot of information and also allows payments to be made, and communication with the school.
ParentMail Login here
Traditionally we have used printed letters, but delivery of these can be unreliable; they are also expensive, take time to produce and are not environmentally friendly.
We are now using ParentMail, a service used by over 6,000 schools, nurseries and children’s clubs to communicate to parents. ParentMail will be beneficial to you because:
- Messages will get to you reliably and on time
- We can send messages directly to mums, dads and other carers at the same time
- Emergency or important information can be sent by text message
- Absence can be recorded via the ParentMail app
- iPhone and Android Apps are available for parents on the go.
To use the latest version of ParentMail all you need to do is verify your account. In September, or when your child joins the school, you will be sent either an email or text message from ParentMail, when you receive this please just follow the instructions.
If you have both a mobile number and an email address registered on your account, you will receive a registration invitation by text and email. You can decide which way you register – but you will only need to register once.
Mobile Website app
Our second app offers key parts of our website in mobile form. Our website is frequently updated to keep you informed with news, dates and other important information. To ensure you have even easier access to this information we are pleased to launch our mobile app.
The John Hanson Community School mobile app allows parents to keep up to date with all the latest news, dates, photo galleries, newsletters and letters home all in one handy place on their phone. Parents can also receive push notifications from the school and subscribe to alert groups.
The app is free to download so please give it a try! (if asked for a code enter 2020)
WHAT'S ON THE APP
Once installed, you can click from the main menu of the app for:
Alerts: Recent notifications sent by the school
News: Latest news items
Newsletters: List of our most recent newsletters
Calendar: Latest diary dates which you can add to your device calendar
Term Dates: Term dates from the school website
Photos: Latest photo galleries
Letters: List of latest letters home
Links: Useful website links
Contact: School contact details
HOW TO GET THE APP - NEXT STEPS
1) Please use one of the links below to download and install the app (for free) from the relevant app store.
2) The first time you open your schools mobile app you’ll be prompted to allow push notifications (this may vary on device). This will allow you to receive notifications from the school.
3) You can choose which notifications you wish to receive by clicking on the settings icon in the top right, then 'Channels' and opting in or out of the groups listed.