If you are interested in joining our team but do not see an appropriate role, please email your CV to email@example.com
John Hanson school is a dynamic place in which to work, where the potential of all members of our school community is valued.
The school offers:
- An enthusiastic and driven team of teachers and support staff
- Trained Mental Health First Aiders (MHFA), Staff Well-Being Action Group (SWAGs) and Mental Health Leads
- Outstanding ECT support and training for colleagues new to the profession thorough the Hampshire and Isle of Wight Southampton and Portsmouth Multi Academy Trust (HISP)
- Ongoing professional development of the highest standard for all staff including a Coaching system with the use of IRIS Connect rather than formal observations
- A fantastic working environment and membership to the Well-Being Hub for all
- A focus on Feedback, rather than time consuming and non-impactful marking
- Groups and systems to support staff at various stages of their life, including with pregnancy and maternity, menopause and with Diversity, Equality and Inclusion (DEI)
- An onsite gym with low cost membership for staff
- A Senior Leadership team that have an open-door policy
- Virtual Parents’ Evenings
Why work for us?
Well-being is at the core of all we do.
Some of the benefits our staff enjoy:
· Access to and advice from Designated Mental Health Leads and Mental Health First Aiders on staff body
· Feedback, not marking policy – focus on the quality of teaching, not admin!
· Staff well-being buddies – getting to know your colleagues and being part of the ‘John Hanson Family’
· Pre and post maternity support
- SLT open door policy
· Virtual Parents evenings
· Free flu jabs for all
· Fortnightly staff wellbeing survey
· The school has signed the DfE Well-being Charter
· Designated Mental Health and Well-Being governor