Citizenship teaching provides ‘knowledge, skills and understanding’ to ‘play a full and active part in society’ and is deeply rooted in our PSHE curriculum which fosters:
- a keen awareness and understanding of democracy, government and law
- skills and knowledge to explore political and social issues critically
- skills and knowledge to weigh evidence, debate and make reasoned arguments
- students’ ability ‘to take their place in society as responsible citizens’.
- Fundamental British Values
Our JHCS Plus Programme Years 7, 8 & 9 students cover many aspects of Citizenship in their curriculum across the year.