Learning Resource Centre
The Learning Resource Centre is a vibrant and welcoming space for all students.
We are open from 8am until 4pm giving students ample opportunity to engage in a variety of activities including homework, general research, reading and board games.
In our recently rejuvenated LRC, there is a wealth of books and multimedia resources, alongside over 40 networked PCs.
Homework Club runs each afternoon from 3pm to 4pm and there is always assistance available to students. As well as homework club, the LRC is vibrant and buzzing with students of all ages coming together at social times to read and complete their homework.
There is a team of Student Librarians that do a brilliant job in assisting Mrs Coward in running the LRC. They are also available to read to our new students and advise them on which books to choose.
Throughout the academic year, the LRC promotes reading through activities such as a KS3 Book Club and Classics club, regular quizzes and Book of the Week. Students are encouraged to request the purchase of resources including DVDs and magazines to ensure we are stocking what they want to be reading!
We also welcome the Scholastic book sale twice a year and re-stock our own shelves with the proceeds!
With over 5000 resources we really do have something for everyone!
Important dates we’ll celebrate this year:
- 6th September – National Read a Book Day
- 8th September – International Children’s Literacy Day
- 13th September – Roald Dahl Day
- October – International School Library month
- 3rd October – 25th Anniversary of National Poetry Day
- 5th March World Book Day (theme tbc)
- 2nd April – International Children’s Book day
- 23rd April – World Book Night
- May – Share a story month