John Hanson Community School Uniform requirements
Uniform as of September 2015: School uniform download
- Black blazer with school logo. This is a compulsory item available from our uniform supplier, Stitch-a-logo
- Black and gold V neck jumper with school logo. This is a compulsory item available from Stitch-a-logo and is to be worn underneath blazers.
- Black trousers (and optional belt) Plain black standard ‘school uniform’ type trousers, to shoe level. (Uniform trousers are available from Stitch-a-logo). Trousers with excessive flairs or which are ‘skin tight’ cycle/dance type, or combat type are not permitted. Black Denim is not acceptable. Students may wear a black belt which should be plain and able to be fully fastened.
- Black skirt (and optional belt) (girls only) Pleated knee length black skirt. Uniform skirts are available from Stitch-a-logo. Black Denim and other fashion stretch fabrics are not acceptable.
- White shirt (must be worn with a tie) and be of a style and size which can be tucked in and allows the top button to be comfortably fastened.
- Black and gold striped tie must be worn with the white shirt buttoned to the neck
- Plain black low-heeled shoes, capable of being polished. No high heels, canvas, dolly shoes, ballet type shoes, boots, trainers, sandals, sling backs, open toe or platforms, or other obviously non-uniform shoes. Black shoes should not be confused with black trainers, and students should have separate footwear for PE
- Socks to be black and worn at all times. No coloured socks are permitted. Girls may wear opaque black tights.
- Coats may only be worn in extreme weather; they must not be made from leather, simulated leather, fur, velvet or denim. We would prefer dark or neutral colours. Combat jackets and ‘hoodies’ are not acceptable, nor are black sweatshirts or cardigans that are claimed to be outdoor clothing only. Hats must not be worn on the school site
Jewellery, make-up and piercings: Students are permitted to wear a watch and one pair of small ear studs (no more than one per ear). No other facial or body jewellery is allowed. Facial piercings are unacceptable. No nail varnish/false nails, and make up must be minimal and natural looking. No colour is to be worn on lips or eyes.
Our uniform supplier:
12 Glenmore Business Park